PLD Meetup – “Project Quality Assurance”April 11, 2016
FarWell Team Member Spotlight: Steve McQuinSeptember 6, 2016
Below are five easy ways to use project management principles to your advantage in your current role or organization:
- Identify and define the work: This part of the project management process creates a business case and need for the project. It also outlines the work so management is aware and doesn’t need to ask the all-dreaded “why are we doing this?” question.
- Keep track of tasks: An effective project manager keeps track of the tasks that need to be completed with ownership and deadlines. This helps ensure tasks are completed on time and the project schedule is running as planned.
- Delegate and monitor workflow: The project manager delegates tasks to the appropriate individuals and monitors the work to make sure it gets done.
- Manage Resources: When a company works on any project, they are using company resources to get the job done. Resources include, but are not limited to, people, tools, environments, rooms, etc. A project plan will determine the useable resources and who needs them at any given time so that there is not a clash over resources by competing parties.
- Mitigate Risk: Project management is very much about planning for and avoiding pitfalls. The project manager will think ahead as to what could go wrong and make alternate plans to avoid the problem before it arises. This saves a lot of time and energy for the company and the people working on the project.
To talk more about how project management practices can work to your advantage, or anything else related to project management, please contact us.